Pi Sigma Alpha
Pi Sigma Alpha, the National Political Science Honor Society, is the only honor society for college students of political science and government in the United States. Pi Sigma Alpha is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS) and is designated as a "Specialized, Upper-Division" society by ACHS. Membership in an honor society is a worthy distinction in itself, and as a measure of academic achievement can provide a tangible advantage in a competitive world.
The requirements for the Pi Sigma Alpha Rho Eta Chapter at Texas State are as follows:
- Membership is open to juniors, seniors, and graduate students
- Currently enrolled majors or minors of Political Science (Political Science, Public Administration, or Legal Studies)
- Must be at least a junior who has completed at least ten semester credits of work in political science, including at least one upper-division course (3000 level or higher)
- An average grade of B (3.0) or higher in those courses
- An overall average grade of B (3.0) or higher
- Cannot be on disciplinary probation or be held by any other disciplinary restriction
* If you apply online, email a copy of your unofficial transcript to Professor Wheatland at email@example.com
Pi Sigma Alpha is a co-sponsor of Discourse in Democracy Events!