JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Information Management
The Administrative Assistant will provide complex administrative support to the managers of the IM Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists IM Managers in managing project milestones
• Works with IM Managers to draft and update policies and procedures
• Maintain calendars to include coordinating appointments, sending reminders etc.
• Develop and maintain filing system (electronic & hard copy)
• Review documents for accuracy and edits as needed
• Open and disseminate mail appropriately and timely
• Prepare correspondence (letters, reports, memo's etc.)
• General office duties-ordering & maintaining of office supply inventory, photocopying, faxing, travel arrangements, reimbursement requests, invoice payments, etc.
• Minimum of six (6) months in administrative type position(s)
• Prefer experience in providing administrative support to multiple managers
• Prefer successful completion of training and experience in time management, MS computer programs and general administrative courses
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of general office management
• Proficient with utilizing computers (able to utilize Outlook, MS Word, Excel, and to learn new systems)
• Ability to communicate effectively with guests/visitors, members, Directors, and staff
• Excellent writing skills including editing and proof reading skills
• Excellent verbal skills
• Excellent customer service skills- in person and via telephone
• Ability to utilize standard office equipment (photocopier, fax machine, postage machine)
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work independently as well as be part of a team
MANAGERIAL RESPONSIBILITIES NONE
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have a valid Texas Driver's License, a good driving record, reliable transportation and proper insurance coverage on automobile used for work. Monthly reimbursement for applicable and documented work related expenditures is provided. Travel within the city and its surrounding areas will be required (if applicable).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Standard physical activity such as periodic standing, walking, sitting, basic motor skills to access computer files for information or simple data entry.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Employee Signature Date
Supervisor Signature Date
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties, education/experience/skills requirement of the position at any time.