Office: UAC 377
Ph.D. Political Science
MA Political Science
MBA Master of Business Administration
Dr. Hassan Tajalli is an Associate Professor in the Department of Political Science, where he teaches primarily graduate courses. He has been teaching at Texas State University since 1988. In 2002, Dr. Tajalli received an Award from the Centex Chapter of the American Society of Public Administration as Public Administration Professor of the Year. He has worked in the private sector as a chief accounting auditor, and as the vice president of Government Research Solutions, LLC. As a consultant to cities and governments, he has produced numerous reports. As a chief researcher for a $3 million Federal pilot program in Austin Texas, Dr. Tajalli produced three major annual reports for the Federal Government on the effectiveness of its pilot program. As a service to his community, every year he prepares the State mandated Racial Profiling Report for the City of San Marcos Police Department.
- Associate Professor of Political Science
- Former vice president of Government Research Solutions, LLC.
- Member of Editorial Board of ‘Armed Forces & Society’ journal.
Teaching Areas of Interest:
- Statistics and Methodology
- American Government
- American Foreign Policy Toward the Middle East
Research Areas of Interest:
- Quantitative Analysis of Public Policies.
Publications Currently Under Review:
- An Analysis of Educators Sanctioned for Misconduct. The Urban Review.
- A Longitudinal Examination of the ‘Texas Closing the Gap’ Plan. Journal of Hispanic Higher Education.
- Incentivizing Inaction: Federal Aid, the Local Economy, and Floodplain Development. Journal of Environmental Planning and Management.
- Sports Tourism Does not have to be Accompanied by Crimes: A case for the NFL Super Bowl. Journal of Sport & Tourism.
- How do College Students in Ukraine and the United States View Criminal Offenders? International Journal of Comparative and Applied Criminal Justice.
- Do Students of International Studies Programs Possess a Broader Global Perspectives? 2015. Journal of Political Science Education. Accepted. In publication production. DOI:10.1080/15512169.2015.1082477
- College Students and Alcohol Use: A Test of Social Learning, Strain, and Acculturation Theories. 2014. World Medical and Health Policy. val. 6, no.3.
- Discipline or Prejudice? Overrepresentation of Minority Students in Disciplinary Alternative Education Programs. 2014. The Urban Review. vol. 46, no. 5 620-631.
- Determinants of Punitive Attitudes of College Students Toward Criminal Offenders. 2013. Journal of Criminal Justice Education. vol. 24, no. 3.
Reports Produced as a Private Consultant:
- Annual Racial Profiling Reports for the City of San Marcos Police Department. Every year from 2003 to present.
- Windows to the Future: Citizen Surveys. 2008 & 2012
- Reports for the Federal Grant for Austin Learning Academy. 2007, 2008, & 2009.
- The City of Austin Citizen Surveys: 2005, 2006, & 2007.
- A Window to the Future: City of Wimberley Community Survey: 2006
- Texas Animal Health Commission: Customer Satisfaction Report: 2006
- The City of San Marcos Community Outreach Survey: from 2001 to 2005
- Mediation in the San Antonio District Office of the U.S. Equal Opportunity Commission: 2003.
- Evaluation of the Mediation Program of the San Antonio District Office of the U.S. Equal Opportunity Commission: 2002.
- The City of New Braunfels Community Needs Assessment Survey Results: 2000.